WARNING: This episode is SHADE AND FULL OF SPOILERS.
Are you reeling from the death of a Great and sexy man (I KNOW IT'S WEIRD, I DON'T CARE), and gallant flying beings?
Did you love seeing John Snow bend the knee (in so many ways)?
You shipping Brianne and Tormund?
You like when Bran says "I KNOW EVERYTHING....WHY YOU HEAR BOI?"
YOU THINK EURON GRAYJOY LOOKS LIKE WEREWOLF JESSE JACKSON?
THEN THIS EPISODE IS FOR YOU!
Check out our recap of Game of Thrones Season 7!
This week we're covering 3 of the faces of IT: Stephen King's novel, 1990's made-for-TV movie and the 2017 blockbuster remake. Ooooh, it looks scary! Conversation includes:
* Sewer sex !?
* A raving dissection of the new trailer
* King's epic, explicitly political Twitter feed
* Problems with/merits of a two-part structure
* The sad story of Jonathan Brandis
* Memory, prosperity and lighthouse keepers
* "BITCH IS THERE A CLOWN IN THAT GUTTER? THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"
* 7 Scariest Moments from TV's IT
* IT is a boggart! Or a glamour? A spider? Or a cosmic deity from dark space. Or a manitu/skin-changer/something...?
* Female and queer representation in the story
* King's softer side: love poetry!
And a terrifying Games Corner: "1,2,3, Not IT," "Coulrophobia," and "King, King or King?"
Read stuff on our blog (bandbcast.wordpress.com)
On Facebook (Beauty and the Bitch)
Thanks for listening, BBs!
We continue our twisting, ranty exploration of J.K. Rowling's famous series with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Y'all know we love these books. Our conversation includes:
*a disastrous 2 minute recap
*Where is Crookshank's litter box? Does he have a secret identity?
*the relative hotness levels of Lupin and Sirius
* What's your animagus animal (and no, you can't be a unicorn)?
*Why aren't students allowed to have dogs at Hogwarts?
*toads are definitively the worst magical pet
*forms of divination
*the 7 core subjects at Hogwarts, as well a all possible electives and extracurricular clubs
*How do all of these children instinctively know their greatest fears?
*frightening ramifications and murky mysteries connected to The Mauraders' Map
*If one of your best friends killed all your other best friends, would you visit him in jail?
*Dementors vs. Ringwraiths from Lord of the Rings vs. Fades from The Wheel of Time
*Games Corner: 2 Truths and a Lie + Marry, Fuck, Kill + Which One? + Very Bad Omens